View Profile The-Swain

All 13 Audio Reviews

8 w/ Responses

It makes me happy to hear the theme in different contexts. Devin and I talked a while back about using the little melody from the title screen in little snippets throughout many of the game's songs, but so far that hasn't happened and I gotta get back on his case about it. Thanks for the reminder! > : D

Well what do ya know

I dig the everloving shit out of this track, especially when the high and treble cut out near the end.

=Swain

SHADOWFOX2 responds:

Hey Swain, glad ya liked it :D
Thanks for stoppin' by!

Very good

Great work, simple and effective. Moving, too. Thanks for this!

haywirehaywire responds:

thanks for the review my man

YAY

I love my Tomar.

TomaMoto responds:

And I love my swain!

! !

That's the bassline from Taste of Honey's "Boogey Oogey Oogey" I think. A good listen :)

YES YES YES

WHY I THINK YOU KNOW I'M A FAN

And this was a simple reminder. This = most looped song on my playlist from this site.

KTRECORDS responds:

Lol, thx man! Thx for droppin by to let us know you liked out loop. Maybe someday Josh and I will actually make the full song like we were talking about. Thx for makin those level's for TWO, as well. They were pretty friggin sweet!

-Josh/Jason
KTRECORDS

SWAIN'D

Woo, I think this was for the Castle level I designed for TWO (alongside all of Pox's fantastic stage artwork), wasn't it? The melancholy atmosphere I thought went really well with the war-torn dead zone between each of the castles. It clicks really well, and for a turn based game the slow and methodical percussion of the song doesn't make you feel rushed to resolve your turn. I like that.

Anyway I can't stop listening to it, although I admit the fire stage theme was by far the greatest part of the game...some might say greater than the game itself :D Fantastic work!

kelwynshade responds:

Haha, thanks man. TWO has some great talent on the team, that's for sure.

Glad you liked the tune =)

Hurray

Kinda reminds me of True Lies, I don't even know why (at least until the guitar).

I was looking for a menacing evil song when I found this...not what I wanted for my project, but I still liked it, so I thought I'd leave a review saying so :)

VGman2005 responds:

Cool. Thanks for the kind words.

Like a street song.

Heavy on the pads, but it was a good listen!

I loved the beat break at 1:26.

Hi!

I liked it. Was it all loops or did you write/play it?

Kamunt responds:

This was all actually loop-based...something I try to shy away from now. But, I challenged 2 people to a duel to see who could make the best song out of an ACIDplanet.com "8pack" one week, along with a supplementary "Drum 4pack". I WISH I could play it, hahah. XP I've got a guitar, but no talent or will to learn to get better, apparently.

Did some Blockhead. Made a lil' Mastermind. Co-created Madness: Project Nexus. Current working on MADNESS: Project Nexus 2 for PC/MAX/Linux Also I love you.

Michael Swain @The-Swain